You can join the AIM Program Student Equity Presentations in person, online or via Twitter on Friday, April 1st at 2:30 pm CST
The AIM student equity pitches take place each Friday afternoon during the semester – either in the AIM Room or at a local investment company. Watch the first presentations by the students in the AIM Class of 2017.
This week’s equity write-ups can be found at:
The students are responsible for making a five-minute pitch before their peers, faculty and any alumni or investment professional in attendance (note: the Friday afternoon equity presentations are also webcast live - see below on how to join the webcast).
Following the student’s pitch the floor is opened for questions and answers for about ten minutes. This has been highly instructive as the students must be prepared to defend their investment recommendation and answer questions in an extemporaneous manner.
How to comment using Twitter:
Go to the MarquetteAIM Twitter account (you can use Search Twitter on your site) and click Follow
During AIM presentations, go to #AIMpitch and follow the tweets (discussion) on Twitter (it will also be appearing on the Rise Display Board in the AIM Room and on your smartphone)
Tweet your comments and questions during the AIM equity pitches and remember to:
- Follow the rules of etiquette for using Twitter during AIM pitches
- Use the hashtag #AIMpitch to start each tweet
- Use $TICKER (note: this is called a cashtag and it be should the unique ticker/symbol for the stock that is being presented, ex: $TSLA)
- Keep you comment short because each tweet is limited to a maximum of 140 characters
- Example for Tweeting on a student’s Tesla equity pitch (note: the ticker for Tesla is TSLA):
- #AIMpitch $TSLA How do lower gas prices impact demand for electric cars?